Tofranil is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of Depression. Tofranil may be used alone or with other medications.
it belongs to a class of drugs called Antidepressants, TCAs.
It is not known if Tofranil is safe and effective in children younger than 6 years of age.
What are the possible side effects of Tofranil?
Tofranil may cause serious side effects including:
- mood or behavior changes,
- panic attacks,
- trouble sleeping,
- impulsive behavior,
- hyperactivity (mentally or physically),
- more depression,
- suicidal thoughts,
- blurred vision,
- tunnel vision,
- eye pain or swelling,
- seeing halos around lights,
- new or worsening chest pain,
- pounding heartbeats,
- fluttering in your chest,
- sudden numbness or weakness,
- problems with vision, speech, or balance,
- sore throat,
- unusual thoughts or behavior,
- painful or difficult urination,
- seizures, and
- yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
Get medical help right away, if you have any of the symptoms listed above.
The most common side effects of Tofranil include:
- tingly feeling,
- lack of coordination,
- dry mouth,
- vision changes,
- ringing in your ears,
- breast welling (both men and women),
- decreased sex drive,
- impotence, and
- difficulty having an orgasm
Tell the doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of it. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.